Close

Our Story

Saddler Johannes Palmgren founded Palmgrens in 1896 with address Sibyllegatan in Stockholm, a location that was to become the residence for both the family and the company. Since its inception 120 years ago Palmgrens has consistently developed the range with respect to both raw material and craftsmanship, with a clear imprint on the basis of our history. The vegetable tanned leather with the preservation of a genuine craft tradition is the basis of all production.

Johannes Palmgren established early in his career a very high reputation and was awarded in 1903 with the title by Appointment to H.M the King of Sweden.

 

The store was at that time located at Sibyllegatan 17, one block away from our current address.

The large leather and wooden counters that are presenting our products today, accompanied by the majestic grey wooden horse, the horse that is recognized and appreciated by generations of customers and visitors to Stockholm. The story told us that it belonged to the Master Saddler Jacob Fagerberg (1769-1830), one of his era's most prestigious Saddlers in Stockholm.

The horse, initially used for try-outs of saddles and harnesses, has become our most loyal employee.